Sunday, July 21, 2013

WEDDING MUSIC VIDEO: Non-Traditional FILMING FUN

I got a call just about 3 weeks ago asking me to film a MUSIC VIDEO for a wedding in 7 days.

I couldn't wait to jump on-aboard.  I knew this would be a perfect fit. 

The Challenges:

This was a one camera shoot. One camera operator shoots can be quite challenging, especially at a wedding, and even more so a wedding Music Video. And while I wasn't planning to use any of the audio, as this was strictly suppose to be a lip-synching video, with no intro frills, I caught a great little line to lead into the video and couldn't resist adding to the edit.

Also challenging?  The fact that most of the wedding party didn't know the words to the song.  But even so, they were extremely fun and played along the entire weekend! 

The Fix? I printed the Main Lines largely on sheets of paper + carried along a small 'Boom Box' for everyone to sing along to.

I got this message from the bride in my inbox yesterday... "We absolutely love the video. It is really fantastic! I can't stop watching it."

I hope to be able to do more non-traditional Wedding Videos like these.


Check out the entertaining result...

CAROLYN + JULIAN's Music Video Debut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment