Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2014 Nantucket Season: It's almost here!

Nantucket spring is sneaking right up on us! Before you know it, that winter frost will have melted away and the season will be in full swing.

I've been off exploring and adventuring in Costa Rica and Colombia for the past 5 weeks. While traveling and diving into the launch of Border Free Travels, a new part of the Border Free Brand, I've also working really hard on some new fun film things for the Nantucket season. The island has been my home for the last 5 years now and is quickly approaching the 6th! It's my anchor. I love the vibrant energy and that small community feel.

As spring approaches, we often start to think about cleaning out our homes and wardrobes to get ready for the new. Spring cleaning does't just mean your house, but also freshening up your business image.

I couldn't enjoy being a small business owner more and I love helping other small businesses get that extra edge by telling their story in a unique and compelling way. From pre-production, filming and editing, to helping you implement a social strategy with your film catered specifically to you, 2014 is all about telling your story in motion.

Since I started Border Free Productions two summers ago, I have produced commercials for a variety of local businesses with different goals and use them in a variety of ways.

The Copley Group recently launched their Nantucket Website for vacation rentals. I created a series of unique lifestyle films to give each home a personality to stand out in the Island Rental Market.

Miacomet Golf had a goal to really show the behind the scenes of the tedious work which goes into making their grounds so fabulous. Miacomet Golf Course was named New Englands Course of the Year. This film helped create an image which took make them to the final 4 for best course of the year for the NGCOA. Beyond the film, I worked on a P.R. and social strategy to implement the best results possible.

I spent many days at The Westmoor Club this summer and winter working on a comprehensive film of the club to be used internally among members. I could't be more happy with the outcome of this one.

My very first project was working with the farm. Bartlett's was looking to create a series of short videos to tell their visual story throughout their website.

I worked with Category 5 Boatshoes to craft their kickstarter campaign. We got to travel to Cape Cod to shoot this production and my friend Nathan Coe photographed all of their still images. They reached their goal of raising $15,000 in less than half of their allotted campaign time to launch their women's line!

These are just a few ways film and video can be used to give you and your business that extra edge.
And not to worry if you're not on Nantucket! I love to travel and look forward to working in new off island locations.

ONE LAST THING...

Sound the Alarms! We're also introducing something new and innovative to the island for businesses this summer. For more information about what we've been working on this winter and how you can get involved email kristen@borderfreeproductions.com

-----------------------------------
I'm beyond thrilled to be entering my third year in business and looking forward to helping so many others in the 2014 season.

Cheers!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment